Near “ The Pines”, Conwy Valley, Snowdonia
Trefriw is a pretty village nestling in the Conwy Valley, Snowdonia. Within easy reach on foot there are several pubs, restaurants, brasseries and small shops for essential groceries, newspapers etc.
- Visit The Working Woollen Mill & Craft Shop
- Walk the Trefriw Lakes Trails
- Visit the Fairy Falls
- Delightful children’s play park within 50 metres of the lodge
- Walk to the market town of Llanrwst via the Gower Suspension Bridge on a pedestrian trail (20 mins)
- Conwy Valley Garden Maze – the largest garden maze in the world
- Fishing Lakes – Llyn Crafnant & Llyn Geironydd
- Gwydir Castle – a Tudor Courtyard House
- Gwydyr Forest Mountain Bike Trail – 15 miles, climb of 450 metres (2-4hrs)
- Walkers, Climbers, Canoeists & Anglers will be spoilt for choice here
Llanrwst is a picturesque market town with a good choice of shops including the Co-op and Spar supermarkets. Also, there are several pubs and restaurants including, the Welsh Curry House of the year 2014, Ty Asha Balti. Llanrwst is approximately 2 miles distant from Trefriw by car.
Betws –y – Coed, situated only 4 miles from Trefriw and Llanrwst, is probably the best known village in Snowdonia National Park with visitors attracted from around the world, a trend started by the Victorians with the arrival of the railways.
- Swallow Falls
- Railway Station with miniature railway, shop and cafe
- Outdoor clothes shops
- Pubs, cafes, restaurants
- River Conwy meets its three tributaries from the west, the Llugwy, the Lledr and the Machno
- 14 Century St Michaels Church
Dolgarrog coming soon (2015), to this village only 2 miles from Trefriw is “Surf Snowdonia” which will be the largest inland surf park in the world!
- Home to” Bounce Below”, the world’s only and largest Underground Trampoline set in disused slate caverns. Visitors can climb, slide, bounce and jump in the netting amidst a technicolour light show. Not for the faint hearted, but booking has proved to be advisable!
- Also home to “Zip World Titan” a 4 person zip zone the largest in Europe
- Conwy Valley Railway – Llandudno to Blaenau Ffestiniog
Bethesda near Bangor
- Home to “Zip World Velocity” the largest and fastest zip line in the Northern Hemisphere. Soar 500ft in the air at 100mph for 1 mile